Tomorrow I leave home, though I won’t be flying out until the day after. Every last bit of packing has to be done by the time I walk out the door tomorrow – eek!
I know I will forget something, I just hope it won’t be my mobile charger lead, because it’s different than my old one. But so far I have, in no particular order:
- Sprayed my pack and sleeping bag with permethrin
- Played about with my visual packing list and made my pack lighter
- Done the final laundry so everything is nice and clean
- Placed two S karabiners in the hipbelt pockets so I can clip my shoes together in the albergue, to stop anyone taking the wrong pair off the shelf in the morning
- Packed a spare pair of insoles in case/for when my non-goretex shoes get soaking wet – with dry insoles and socks I’ll be fine
- Put my reflective slap bands in my sidebag for added security when walking by roads
- Unsubscribed to email newsletters etc to save data in Spain
- Tightly rolled up some toilet paper and packed a dog poop bag for emergencies – it could happen to you or anyone you walk with at any time, and we don’t like leaving things behind, do we?
- Checked that there are absolutely no creams, liquids or even fish oil capsules anywhere but in the ziplock bag for going through security!
- Checked in online for my flights and printed out my bus ticket
- Checked the long term weather forecast on yr.no for a few of the places I will be passing through on the relevant dates, and delightedly decided to leave the rain trousers at home
- Double checked that I am taking the right and most recent guidebook!
- Printed out my address label to stick on my poles when I post them back from Santiago (much cheaper than checking them in)
- Transferred one debit and one credit card plus last year’s leftover euros to my small camino purse/wallet
- Put everything I need to wear for the journey there in my packable bag, ready to go in the morning
So far, so good, I am definitely getting ready to go!